Chicago Bulls Fan Forum – A message board for all you Bulls news and game threads.

Re: 2012 Official Off-Season Thread

Postby jammin481 on May 11th, 2012, 3:28 pm

anotheridiot wrote:
l2uff wrote:Nash with Rose makes zero sense to me. They both need the ball in their hands to be effective... neither has the type of game that compliments the other and defensively, wow would your back court be horrible. Rose is a below average defender and Nash is horrible. Then you have to take into account you'd have Rose playing the 2 on defense.

We are considering they will be together for maybe 40 games including playoffs. We are also thinking what it would be like to swing the ball to the other side and have a ball handler actually be able to do something with it.

I see little chance Rose plays 40 games next year. I would gladly throw $100 on that under.
North Korea is the country the monkeys from Wizard of Oz came from
jammin481
Major Leaguer

Postby l2uff on May 11th, 2012, 3:38 pm

all that is doing is setting you up for failure in the playoffs... when teams will exploit your weaknesses in a 7 game series. You're bigs will be in foul trouble every game as PGs blow past Nash and SGs take it to Rose physically in the post. I don't think you guys care about just getting there or getting the top seed again and that's all that move is doing, keeping you good during the regular season while you don't have Rose.
l2uff
Major Leaguer

Postby anotheridiot on May 11th, 2012, 4:15 pm

jammin481 wrote:
anotheridiot wrote:
l2uff wrote:Nash with Rose makes zero sense to me. They both need the ball in their hands to be effective... neither has the type of game that compliments the other and defensively, wow would your back court be horrible. Rose is a below average defender and Nash is horrible. Then you have to take into account you'd have Rose playing the 2 on defense.

We are considering they will be together for maybe 40 games including playoffs. We are also thinking what it would be like to swing the ball to the other side and have a ball handler actually be able to do something with it.

I see little chance Rose plays 40 games next year. I would gladly throw $100 on that under.

ok, virtual bet, thats about 12 regular season games and up to 28 playoff games. I understand we will probably make the playoffs as long as we get some point guard that doesnt dribble for 15 seconds, but what Nash gives is two fold, get the offensive set going and show rose he does not need to be a daredevil. If the bulls cant make the playoffs then rose will sit all season, but if they are 6-10 seed and he wants to play I bet he plays.

basically, someone needs to run the offense while he is gone. you figure we lose the central to indiana next season anyway, but the strength of this team was the bench as long as they were the bench and not starting. Just cant see settling to try it again and whether we get a point guard or not, I really think Boozer needs to go.
anotheridiot
Major Leaguer

Fan: Cubsbearshawksbulls

Postby The Stache on May 11th, 2012, 6:11 pm

Old Style wrote:Carlos Boozer: "We had the best record again in basketball, won our division again, had top seed again, that's all that matters yo."

GET RID OF HIM.

He said that? What an idiot. Clearly his expectations are lower than just about everyone else's in that organization.
The Stache
Most Valuable Player

Postby kizzfastfists on May 11th, 2012, 6:36 pm

It depends on the question. If the question was "how do you feel the team did without Rose?" then I can understand that answer. If the question was "Do you feel you had a good season?" then that was the wrong answer.
kizzfastfists
Minor Leaguer

Postby jammin481 on May 11th, 2012, 11:12 pm

I said it before: this teams no good without rose. They were 7-8 seed at best. I expect nothing more for next year with this roster.
jammin481
Major Leaguer

Postby kizzfastfists on May 12th, 2012, 1:13 am

The Bulls are still a top 3 regular season team without Rose, as they showed this year, but they are not an elite playoff team. However, I also think that if the Bulls played in the West they would be a 4-6 seed. They seem a lot like OKC without Durrant. Westbrook and Rose are similar the biggest difference is that Durrant keeps OKC as an elite team with Westbrook as the #2 or 1b type. Rose needs another player that can help him all around. That is why I suggested trading off Deng and Boozer and throwing next season to give the Bulls a legitimate #2 or a 1b to go with Rose with a top 5 pick next season. The Bulls are a GREAT regular season team with their depth, but in the playoffs your starting five getting increased playing time the depth works against them.

The Thunder are about the only team in the NBA with the star power for the playoffs and the depth for the regular season, but they will lose some of that over the next few years when they have to make some hard decisions. They will probably lose one of Ibaka or Harden after next season unless they find a trading partner to take Perkins off their hands or one of them is willing to re-sign for below market value to stay in OKC, which as a local I could almost see Hardin doing that because he is tight with Durrant and Westbrook. Their other option will be to amnesty Perkins or trade both Thabo and Collison which would hurt their depth a lot.
kizzfastfists
Minor Leaguer

Postby jammin481 on May 12th, 2012, 8:05 am

Bulls are not a top 3 team without rose. Look at who they beat and who they lost too without him. That tells the real story.

But yes, they need another playmaker. They need to get someone like Carmelo (not saying him, but that type of player that can isolate and score by themself).
jammin481
Major Leaguer

Postby cubbiefan009 on May 12th, 2012, 10:39 am

jammin481 wrote:Bulls are not a top 3 team without rose. Look at who they beat and who they lost too without him. That tells the real story.

He said a top three "regular" season team. It's hard to argue against that as I don't see three other teams in the East that would finish with a better regular season record next season. As he also stated, they are not a top three "playoff" team without him and we all know that.

And yes, I know mostly all that matters is the playoffs.
cubbiefan009
All-Star

Fan: Cubs

Postby kizzfastfists on May 12th, 2012, 11:52 am

I should have been more clear. They can still put up a top 3 record in the East during the regular season without Rose. They are not a top 3 team if you count the West teams as well. Without Rose they are similar to the Pacers. A team filled with quality players and depth, but no one that can take over regularly in crunch time or carry the team on regular basis. That gets you to the post-season with home court in the first round, but it doesn't get you to the finals very often.

That is why I think the two options are to blow it up now, using the Rose injury as an excuse to call next season a lost year and trade off players with some value like Deng and Boozer and try to get a top 5 pick to get a guy that can take some of the pressure off Rose by giving the offense a second guy who can create their own shot and forcing opposing teams to have someone else to worry about or to ride out the current team for the next few years and figure out what to do after the contracts start falling off and they get that draft pick from the Bobcats. Rose is only 23 so it's not like he's even close to approaching a decline so they have time to ride out this team and then rebuild after Deng and Boozer fall off the books, but banking on that pick from the Bobcats to be a top 5 pick in 2016 is risky since they will continue to add top 10 picks until then or give up the pick if it is mid first round which wouldn't be a lock as a player that could be the #2. The way the NBA is set up you almost have to be really bad for two or three years to build a team or set yourself up for everyone to come off the books in the same off-season like the Heat did and get two or three max players who can complement each other to build around.
kizzfastfists
Minor Leaguer

Postby l2uff on May 12th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Miami, NY, & Indy should all be ahead of the Bulls next year.... maybe even Philly; everyone forgot they were really good and fighting for the #3 seed until their late season slide. Who knows what Boston & Orlando will look like & I'm expecting Atlanta to make some drastic changes too. I could see the Bulls as high as #4 and as low as #7.

This season your strength in depth was enhanced by the schedule... a regular schedule your depth won't make such a huge difference... plus, you most likely won't have that depth advantage anymore after you cut down your tax number.
l2uff
Major Leaguer

Postby jammin481 on May 12th, 2012, 9:13 pm

You all sound like Boozer, yo.
jammin481
Major Leaguer

Postby Old Style on May 29th, 2012, 11:37 am

FWIW:

Report: Pau Gasol is interested in playing for the Bulls if traded
By Matt Moore | Senior NBA Blogger

Pau Gasol is going to want to stay in a cave for a few months, because he's about to get hammered even more with questions speculating where he could be traded to and how he feels about it. Today's fun rumor comes from Bull.com's Sam Smith who writes that Gasol would like to be traded to the Bulls.
The interesting part, according to Lakers' insiders, is Gasol would like to play for the Bulls. And what you hardly need any sources for is to see how he and Bryant basically can't stand one another. It was no secret around L.A. what all those post series comments were about. "We got to be committed to each other," said Ron Artest. "This year we wasnt as committed collectively, and that hurt us a lot." Said Bynum: "We just werent doing it together.”

via Could Chicago be Gasol's next destination? | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CHICAGO BULLS.

This is a resurrection of a rumored deal from the deadline involving Carlos Boozer and Pau Gasol. Which would basically be like trading that coffee table you used to love and now think is hideous for a similar-looking coffee table that a friend drastically overpaid for.

Part of this is pretty hilarious. Of course Gasol would like to be traded to the Bulls. If he's going to get traded, he wants to avoid a lottery team or non-contender at all costs. The Heat aren't going to trade for him. The Celtics are on the downslide. The Thunder don't need him. So the Bulls are the only real option. This is like saying "Well, if I have to work, I'd love to play in the NBA." Of course you would. It's the NBA.

The Bulls would likely do this deal in a heartbeat. Gasol is a substantial upgrade on Boozer and it dumps long-term money. But the Lakers are not nearly desperate enough to turn to Boozer as their solution. They'll want Joakim Noah and additional assets. And the Bulls won't want to give that up in return. This is extremely unlikely to happen unless both sides get desperate.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19192878/report-pau-gasol-is-interested-in-playing-for-the-bulls-if-traded
2011 BC.com Rookie of the Year
Old Style
All-Star

Fan: Cubs, Bulls, Bears

Postby anotheridiot on May 29th, 2012, 2:06 pm

as long as they dont make us take bynum back.

who is this guy called ron artest? lol
anotheridiot
Major Leaguer

Fan: Cubsbearshawksbulls

Postby cubbiefan009 on Jun 13th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Practice facility moving to downtown!!

The Chicago Bulls today announced that the team has committed to move its practice facility to downtown Chicago from its current location in Deerfield, Ill. The team has practiced at the Sheri L. Berto Center since 1992.

During recent conversations, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel pitched Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on the idea to relocate the team’s practice facility to a downtown Chicago location.

“Mayor Emanuel has done a tremendous job promoting investment in the City of Chicago,” said Reinsdorf. “The Mayor stressed that the Bulls brand is important to the city, nationally and internationally, and that the Bulls represent the spirit and competitive grit of Chicago. He thought centralizing our team assets inside the city limits would be a show of our ongoing commitment to Chicago. We have been contemplating how to address the growth limitations of our practice facility for awhile, so the Mayor’s timing and ours seems to make sense.”

The team is in the process of exploring a variety of site locations throughout the city. A specific timetable has not yet been established for the project, which will be privately funded.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z1xi2huebM
cubbiefan009
All-Star

Postby Old Style on Jun 14th, 2012, 10:06 am

That's cool. I like that they're keeping this kind of thing in the city.
Old Style
All-Star

Postby Old Style on Jun 14th, 2012, 11:44 am

Just for fun:

Old Style
All-Star

Postby cubbiefan009 on Jun 18th, 2012, 2:09 pm

The Bulls are open to making a trade before the draft, notably a deal including Luol Deng, according to a league source.

With roughly $56 million committed to Deng, Derrick Rose, Carlos Boozer, and Joakim Noah, Chicago is likely looking to clear cap space because of luxury-tax concerns.

Toronto and Golden State have been mentioned as possible trade partners.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z1yAp5dvQ2
cubbiefan009
All-Star

Postby The Stache on Jun 18th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Heard on the radio the Celtics are going to make a hard run at Asik.
The Stache
Most Valuable Player

Postby cubbiefan009 on Jun 18th, 2012, 2:24 pm

The Stache wrote:Heard on the radio the Celtics are going to make a hard run at Asik.

Cavaliers too. I think Asik will be gone honestly. I hope we can extend Gibson, though.

There has been a lot of talk about Deng being moved. Sacramento is mentioned a lot as well as Golden State.
cubbiefan009
All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Chicago Bulls